Welcome to Restart Exercise Physiology, a team of rehabilitation specialists currently based in the northern suburbs of Brisbane with practices in both Carseldine, Albany Creek, Chermside and Ashgrove.
I understand that you are visiting our website today as you are seeking a solution to overcome muscle, bone or joint pain, or a health condition that is negatively impacting your quality of life. As a team of tertiary qualified Accredited Exercise Physiologists, we specialise in providing movement and exercise-based intervention to promote a healthier you.
At Restart, we have a strong understanding of your fears and frustrations when it comes to overcoming movement pain and reduced physical capacity. This is why:
This why is the driving force behind your wants and desires for a healthier lifestyle that will allow you to achieve all of your goals and more!
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are rehabilitation specialists that deliver clinical exercise interventions to persons at high-risk of developing, or with existing chronic and complex medical conditions and injuries.
AEPs are recognised Allied Health Professionals displaying a diverse range of knowledge and skills, working across a variety of areas in the health and exercise, and sports science fields.
Our aim as an AEP is to prevent or manage chronic disease or injury, and assist in restoring one’s optimal physical function, health and wellness.
We provide exercise-based interventions to any person desiring a change in the way they move. This can be as simple as having the goal of sitting up out of bed easier, playing with the grandchildren of an afternoon without debilitating lower back soreness the following day, or gaining better understanding of how exercise can assist with your Type II Diabetes management.
The beauty of the service we provide is through our understanding of the uniqueness of the human body, and that no two individuals are the same. This forms the basis of our philosophy here at Restart, and is reflected in our exercise programming.
As we age and the rigors of a lifetime of weight-bearing, gravity-bearing and occupational and lifestyle hazards begin to take their toll, regular exercise and total body mobilization becomes all the more important. It is well documented that sedentary persons experience significant decline in physical ability, functional capacity, and sense of well-being. At Restart we are well equipped to cater for the aging population, with prescription focus on:
– Reducing movement dysfunction and associated chronic and/or acute Musculoskeletal pain via stretching and 3-dimensional mobilization protocols;
– Restoring and maintaining lean muscle mass to assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and optimal postural alignment;
– Restoring and maintaining balance and coordination to reduce risk of falls and associated injury;
– Restoring and maintaining Cardiovascular health to assist with ADLs and overcome the negative effects associated with a range of Cardiopulmonary disorders;
– Both physical and mental stimulation, via multi-directional movements, reaction-based challenges, and fun games, to avoid neuromuscular and/or anxiety-related illness onset or progression.